Schedule a Tour
The Georgia Archives offers the following options for student visits:
Orientation: 20 – Held in one of our classrooms, this is a short session on how to access and use both the online and the in-house resources available at the Georgia Archives.
Classroom Orientation with tour: 12 – the addition of a staff-led tour of the research facilities.
Research time: 12 total in Reference, 6 total in the Original Documents Reading Area. Students with professors accessing records. Original records must be requested in advance.
- Reservations for all tours must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the visit. Instructors are encouraged to submit a reservation request form as soon as possible since other classes may also wish to schedule a tour.
- Please share all relevant course materials including syllabi, project assignments, including student requests for records, with the Education Specialist.
- Requests for accommodations for those with special needs must be submitted at least 7 business days in advance of the class visit. The Georgia Archives building is ADA-compliant and we are always happy to accommodate those with disabilities.
- All K-12 classes must have at least two adult chaperones. Chaperones should supervise the group at all times.
- All college classes must have a professor with the class. The professor should supervise the group at all times.
- All adults and students 16 or older participating in research must register for a researcher card. For more information about researching and registering please see our Things to Know Before You Visit page.
If you must cancel a scheduled tour, please notify the Education Specialist as soon as possible. Call Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (678) 364-3807. Messages may be left on the voice mail. Please include the name of your group and the date of your scheduled visit.